Monday, September 19, 2016


– Tottenham midfielder Dele Alli signs new contract that will tie him at the club until 2022

– The England playmaker says he is happy to be playing at Tottenham

England International Dele Alli has agreed a new Tottenham contract, tying him to the club until 2022.

According to a statement on the club’s website, Alli has been handed improved terms at White Hart Lane despite earning a new five-year deal in January.

Speaking in an interview with the club’s website after they announced his new deal on Monday, September 19, Alli said he is still coming to terms with his explosive rise in the game.

Dele Alli signs new Tottenham deal

He said: “I remember when I was young and I wasn’t playing football and I was looking up to the footballers and looking on the websites and seeing what they were doing.

“I’m still the same kid as I always have been and nothing’s changed for me off the pitch – I’m still the same person.

“I’m happy to be here and playing at Tottenham. Personally, I can’t think of anywhere better with the fans, the manager we’ve got here and the young team – it’s a great place to be.”

Alli enjoyed a great season at Spurs, ending the term with 10 league goals and nine assists, having joined the club in February 2015.

His impressive performance at White Hart Lane handed him a place in Roy Hodgson’s England squad for the Euro 2016 championship.



0 comments:

Post a Comment

Unordered List

Sample Text

Blog Archive

Popular Posts

Recent Posts

Text Widget